Periodical carpet cleaning is essential to maintain your carpets clean, fresh and stain free. With this article we will show how important is to have then regularly cleaned either by you or a professional carpet cleaner.
TABLE OF CONTENT:
Carpet Cleaning is Recommended Twice a Year.
Many of us prefer to have carpets over wooden flooring to make our rooms look better or some of us enjoy keeping our feet warm! Whatever the reason, it’s important to realize that if we result to having carpets whether it’s in our bedrooms or living rooms it’s important to maintain and clean them well. This goes especially for those with big families, lots of kids or pets that can make a big mess very quickly.
Periodical Deep Carpet Cleaning is Essential
However, in order for your carpet to get the best treatment you can hire a professional cleaner to do the job for you as they will do the better job. Carpets can get stained very easily especially with pets and kids. It’s recommended to also vacuum weekly to get rid of dust and other dirt that may be on your carpet fibers. By doing so on a regular basis it also gets rid of dust mites, bacteria and other allergens. As a result, this will allow your family to breathe easier and reduces health problems in the long-term. By having a dirty carpet, especially if it’s more than one can impede the air flow within your home, air quality indoors is 500% worse than outdoors.
Carpets Cost More if Left Uncleaned
If you don’t end up cleaning your carpet whatever the reason is, you could be doing more financial damage than you think. Your carpet won’t last as long as you would think or want especially as carpets can cost around £500 nowadays and if you have multiple rooms with carpets this could become very expensive if you decide to not look after them properly. Your home could also have a very unpleasant odor to it if the carpet isn’t cleaned regularly, this can make you feel uncomfortable in your own home and can be realized by other family/friends if they come over. The longer you don’t clean it the more bacteria builds up and eventually it’s harder to get a proper clean as it’s a lot dirtier. Stains that have been left for a long time with nothing done about them will make it even more difficult to get out later on and the likelihood of you being able to get rid of it yourself is slim, if you want it off you’ll probably have to call carpet cleaners to come do the job but they may not be able to get rid of the stain either. Find out how to book carpet cleaner in Canary Wharf.
Ways of cleaning carpets at home:
- Fill up your bucket with nice warm water.
- Secondly, get your vacuum and vacuum the affected area to get rid of any dirt or dust that CAN be removed.
- If you decide to use baking soda, sprinkle onto the stain until it’s completely covered. If you decide to use dish soap, measure the size of the stain afterwards, use 1 tablespoon per 6 to 8 inches of stain.
- Rub it around until you see bubbles starting to form.
- Using an old brush, toothbrush, rag, or towel, gently scrub the stain with warm water. It is preferred to use an old brush as you can have better grip when doing this.
- Try to not soak the floor completely, just make sure it wet enough to scrub away the dirt/stain that you need to get rid of.
- Turn on any fans, or open windows if you don’t have access to a fan to allow carpet to air dry and try not to step onto it.
- Once it has become dry, vacuum again.